WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by The Skin & Face Place who are the Data Controllers. To get in touch with us then send us an email.
WHY YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED AND WHAT IS DONE WITH IT
When you supply your personal details to The Skin and Face Place they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation- GDPR – ie the law):
- The Skin and Face Place needs to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- The Skin and Face Place has a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- The Skin and Face Place also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
The Skin and Face Place has a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment, but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored on paper, in a locked filing cabinet within the clinic and photos electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
The Skin and Face Place will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Myself, as your practitioner, in order that I can provide you with safe treatment.
- The Aesthetic Pharmacy where Prescription Only Medication is ordered in your name for your treatment
Please feel free to email us directly if you have any questions.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk/
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does this site use?
Necessary cookies – core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and they do not store any personal data. This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any necessary cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. These cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Third Party Cookies – This website uses Google Analytics (Data Processor) to monitor traffic levels and visits to this website and Google Maps. Google Analytics stores information like your IP address, country, browser used, device used anonamously on its servers. Neither The Skin & Face Place or Google associate any of this information with any personally identifiable information. They serve to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
YOU CAN SWITCH OFF THESE COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER IF YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE USED.
Links to help with managing/switching off cookies for your browser:- (please note that disabling cookies in your browser may result in the website you are visiting not functioning properly – for more information on cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org)
EXTERNAL LINKS & ASSOCIATED COOKIES
Any links to external websites from this website will be subject to their own cookies and privacy policies. You can use the guides above to manage your browsers cookie settings for all websites.
YOUR DATA AND YOUR RIGHTS
Should you wish a copy of any of your data we hold then please get in touch with us by sending us an email. Any such requests will be acknowledged with within 14 days of receiving your email.
Last Updated 2nd February 2020